Need to pass parameters to .exe from a HREF or Java Script

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Scott Townsend, Jan 29, 2004.

  1. I'd like to pass parameters to a local Application from a webpage.

    something like:

    <a
    href="file:///C:/Program%20Files/myapp/myapp.exe%20-custno:mycustno%20-quote
    no:12345%20-item:12345">test with params</a></p>

    Though it does not like it. If I leave off the Parameters it works fine.

    Funny thing if I enter the parameters from a command line including the full
    path to the EXE it would not work. If I changed to the app directory and
    just typed the name of the App and the Parameters it works just fine.

    Its like it does not like the path name...

    Any Suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Scott<-

    Scott Townsend, Jan 29, 2004