Need to put the underscore character in a <link> tag in an RSS feed

Kanon

Hi, I hope this is the proper newsgroup for this kind of question. I
have just started to learn about RSS and made my first feed:

http://www.herbaloutfitters.com/pbw/alpha/rss/1-1.xml

Some newsreaders choked on it, however, so I ran it through
feedvalidator.org. This is the message I got:

line 15, column 68: XML parsing error: <unknown>:15:68: not well-formed
(invalid token)

<link>http://www.herbaloutfitters.com/pbw/alpha/msgprep.php?_b=1&_p=1</link>

I guess the underscore character is the problem? What can I do? It will
be really hard to get rid of it, as this website is a fairly complex
bulletin board system that uses a lot of GET variables, all starting
with the underscore character. Why is the underscore illegal in an RSS
link tag when it's a perfectly legal url?