need to run setup.rb after 'gem install facets'

ako...

hello,

i just installed facets thus: 'gem install facets' and was expecting it
to work. but still could not require 'facets'. only after running
setup.rb in the gem's root directory did it start to work. is this a
bug in the gem?

thanks
konstantin

Trans

Hmmm... my guess is the RUBYOPT setting. Make sure you have this
environment variable set. If using Linux
export RUBYOPT="-rubygems"

You'll probably want that in your default shell setup. Give that a go
and let me know if that doesn't fix the problem. (Oh, you'll have to
uninstall the manual installation too for the gem to work. Go to your
ruby site dir, on Linux something like /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8 and
delete the facet dir and facets.rb file.)

Also a little bonus for you. Uninstall the facets gem

gem uninstall facets

And reinstall with:

gem install --version "=1.0.0" facets

Not offically released yet, but it will be "real soon now".

HTH,
T.