Need to unzip uploaded Windows compressed folders

Cal Who

After a quick search for code that I can use to unzip an uploaded Windows
compressed folder I find three possibilities. I'd guess there may be more.

System.IO.Compression.GZipStream class, SharpZipLib, DotNetZip

I'd appreciate comments about the various options. Especially from someone
with good (or bad) experience using one of them.

I'd hate to spend time unearthing problems that are already known in the
developers community.

Thanks

Guest

After a quick search for code that I can use to unzip an uploaded Windows
compressed folder I find three possibilities. I'd guess there may be more..

System.IO.Compression.GZipStream class, SharpZipLib, DotNetZip

I'd appreciate comments about the various options. Especially from someone
with good (or bad) experience using one of them.

I'd hate to spend time unearthing problems that are already known in the
developers community.

Thanks

It depends on what you need, but I would recommend DotNetZip
http://www.codeplex.com/DotNetZip

Cal Who

Alexey said:
It depends on what you need, but I would recommend DotNetZip
http://www.codeplex.com/DotNetZip

I build a Windows compressed folder of photos (which is really a file) and
upload it. Presently using SharpZipLib.
I used that because it was the only free one I knew about.
Now I find there are others and wonder if what I'm doing is the best way.
I'd sure like to know how they differ - or why you like DotNetZip better.
I would appreciate it if you would give me a very quick comment on that.

In any event: Thanks

BTW
You're probably aware but just in case::
When I reply to you using OE I don't get the > inserted as I should.
I did read the following.
If someone posts using Quoted Printable, OE will not insert the >
I extracted from your post: Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
To get the > inserted here I replyed using OE-Quote fix.
Please take this as me only trying to be helpful.

Guest

I build a Windows compressed folder of photos (which is really a file) and
upload it. Presently using SharpZipLib.
I used that because it was the only free one I knew about.
Now I find there are others and wonder if what I'm doing is the best way.
I'd sure like to know how they differ - or why you like DotNetZip better.
I would appreciate it if you would give me a very quick comment on that.

In any event: Thanks

BTW
You're probably aware but just in case::
When I reply to you using OE I don't get the > inserted as I should.
I did read the following.
   If someone posts using Quoted  Printable, OE will not insert the >
I extracted from your post: Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
To get the > inserted here I replyed using OE-Quote fix.
Please take this as me only trying to be helpful.- Hide quoted text -

I'm sending it through Google Groups
http://groups.google.com/group/micr...a5b79bdccc7/b9ba0fe362b88b34#b9ba0fe362b88b34

Cal Who

[...]

I just want to make sure you knew.
I appreciate the help.

Thanks

Guest

I'm sending it through Google Groupshttp://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspn...

 I just want to make sure you knew.
I appreciate the help.

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

I think you can test performance for both components, if it's critical
for your application. I personally didn't know SharpZipLib. As far as
I see its license lets you to use it for free, but no source code. And
DotNetZip is open source. There is a forum on codeplex, some people
prefer SharpZipLib, others DotNetZip, so I think it's a matter of
taste.

Cal Who

Alexey said:
I think you can test performance for both components, if it's critical
for your application. I personally didn't know SharpZipLib. As far as
I see its license lets you to use it for free, but no source code. And
DotNetZip is open source. There is a forum on codeplex, some people
prefer SharpZipLib, others DotNetZip, so I think it's a matter of
taste.

I downloaded DotNetZip and adapted an example and got it working for me in
just a few minutes. What I'm doing is quite basic but the site appears to
have good documentation and lists extensive features.

Thank

Guest

I downloaded DotNetZip and adapted an example and got it working for me in
just a few minutes. What I'm doing is quite basic but the site appears to
have good documentation and lists extensive features.

Thank

Glad it works for you well. Let us know if you find which product
would really work best for you.

Cheers!