Need to update other WebControls when switching from html to design view

robert.minter

Hello all,

I have a set of WebControls that have a common base class where the
base class contains a "bool" property that all controls on a single
Page need to match. Basically, change one control's bool property
changes them all. If you stay in "Design" view, everything works and
all the WebControls' property get set correctly and the underlying HTML
code for each control reflect the change. This is all handled in the
ControlDesigner.

The problem occurs when you change to "Html" view and edit one of the
controls and change the value of the property (or remove it
altogether). When you switch back to "Design" view, only that one
control change is reflected and the rest are still the old value.

Is there any event/method/etc I can override in the ControlDesigner or
attach something to the IDesignerHost to trigger when the user changes
from "Html" view to "Design" view?

Thanks a bunch.

Rob

robert.minter

intrader said:
Are you building a control library. I have not done much designer work
with 2.0

Yes, of sorts. It's a navigation control with associated content
container.

I'm still using v1.1.