    and get started.

    Any comment will be highly apreciated.

    JB
    jensen bredal, Jun 15, 2005

  2. jensen bredal

    bradley Guest

    Before you start thinking about the architecture, think about the project
    scope. Who will be the users of this new application? Start by interviewing
    them. Also, read up on how to prepare a requirements document. You will also
    need strong SQL Server skills in addition to ASP.NET.

    bradley, Jun 15, 2005

  3. I'm thinking of web CMS as many others out there. And yes my SQL skills are
    pretty good.

    The main requirement is that it is a web cms.
    Are there links discussing architectural details of .net based CMS?

    JB

    jensen bredal, Jun 15, 2005
  4. jensen bredal

    bradley Guest

    I went to google and web searched "data model" and "cms". There were many
    links and this was near the top:
    http://www.builderau.com.au/architect/sdi/print.htm?TYPE=story&AT=20269082-39024602t-20000984c

    bradley, Jun 15, 2005
  5. Jensen,

    You may want to check out the open source solution DotNetNuke
    (http://www.dotnetnuke.com). This should be able to provide you with
    ample code samples, as well as a semi CMS environment.

    There are some books out in the market in regards to the theories and
    strategies behind CMS as well. I'm sure these can easily be
    retrieved through a query of Amazon.com.

    One last thing you might want to do is check some of the major CMS Web
    sites for further information. The one I can think of off the top of
    my head is: http://www.cmswatch.com/

    I hope this helps!
    Aaron
    Aaron Corcoran, Jun 15, 2005
  6. jensen bredal, Jun 15, 2005
  7. jensen bredal

    bradley Guest

    Ultra Apps has an open source Portal and Issue Management application
    written in ASP.NET C#.
    www.ultraapps.com

    bradley, Jun 15, 2005
  8. "bradley" <> wrote in message
    > Ultra Apps has an open source Portal and Issue Management application
    > written in ASP.NET C#.
    > www.ultraapps.com

    It is amazing they can give that away for free!

    Many thanks
    JB
    jensen bredal, Jun 15, 2005
  9. jensen bredal

    bradley Guest

    There is a commercial version and then the more limited free version. You
    need to read the license agreement about distributing or re-selling modified
    versions.

    bradley, Jun 15, 2005