Need urgent help with asp.net perfromance...

peter

Hi,

I have a dedicated server running Win 2003, IIS 6, and ASP.net 1.1

I have 8 ip addresses and under the Default Web Site I created a
virtual directory called "test" so I can test my app. This uses "All
Assigned IPs"

My app is asp.net (C#) and uses MS Access db (JET).

Here is the problem:
When trying to go to the site using a browser:
www.mysite.com/test/index.aspx

It takes 20 seconds to load the page! This is unacceptable!

Running the same site on a "SHARED" host (less powerfull) it take 6
seconds to load.

Logging into my dedicated server and viewing performance as I load the
page from another PC, It seems like my dedicated server is stalling
for about 12 seconds before sending the page to the client.

I dont know what is causing this. Could it be a problem with IIS?
ASP.NET? Server hardware? I have tried everything I could think of.
Does any one have any ideas.

Thanks

Hermit Dave

okay whats the spec of the server ? ie your co-hosted server and the shared
server ?

I am not sure having more than 1 ip is helpful !!! but i dont think it will
be detrimental to that an extent (i could be wrong)
but i would look into the processes running and the spec of the box to start
with

--

Regards,

Hermit Dave