    --
    Thank You.

    Saket Mundra
    =?Utf-8?B?U2FrZXQgTXVuZHJh?=, Jun 17, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U2FrZXQgTXVuZHJh?=

    Scott Allen Guest

    A very simple approach would be to keep an ArrayList of URLs the user
    needs to visit in Session state. On each form you can generate a
    HyperLink or LinkButton using the next URL in the ArrayList (and then
    removing it when they arrive). A bit naive, but it's a starting point
    you can work from.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Jun 17, 2005

  3. Thank you for response Scott.
    I wonder if I follow what you have stated what would happen if the user
    clicks the back button on the browser. He would be directed to the previous
    page but an item would have been removed from the arraylist stored in session
    state. Hence when he proceeds further, instead of going to the supposed next
    page the user would be directed to, next to next page and this will keep
    going on.

    Let me tell you that whatever the user is selcting I am storing it in a
    database table, if it helps.

    I am stuck in this for quite sometime now. Please help.
    --
    Thank You.

    Saket Mundra

    =?Utf-8?B?U2FrZXQgTXVuZHJh?=, Jun 17, 2005
  4. Here's an example of using a base class to provide common functionality to
    all your pages:
    http://www.dwaynesparks.com/Website_Templating_3.aspx
    You can put the navigation code in there.

    Here's information about creating a wizard:
    http://aspalliance.com/articleViewer.aspx?aId=624&pId=1

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Jun 17, 2005
  5. Thank you very much for help Steve. I hope this will sort out my problem.
    I'll try using base class. However, I am confused if I can put the navigation
    code in the base class during design time. Let me explain:

    Form 1 - name "Services"
    In this form I have checkboxlist displaying the 35 services offered. Now a
    user1 visits the site and he selects
    ------ checkboxlistitem1
    ------ checkboxlistitem3
    ------ checkboxlistitem7

    I want that as user1 clicks proceed he must be directed to form - Service1,
    then to form- service3, and in the end to form- service3.

    In the same way if user2 visits the site and selects
    ------ checkboxlistitem9
    ------ checkboxlistitem11
    he must be directed to form - Service9, then to form- service11.

    I am not very sure how can i do this using base class. Please explain.
    I am a final year student and stuck up in my final year project due to this.
    Please help. Its very urgent.

    Thanks for any help.

    Saket Mundra

    =?Utf-8?B?U2FrZXQgTXVuZHJh?=, Jun 18, 2005