    my works with java, I would give up c++. That is , No one company uses
    java and c++. Can you give me
    any advices

    =?utf-8?B?5rW36aOO?=, Apr 9, 2006

  2. =?utf-8?B?5rW36aOO?=

    Steve Guest

    it depands on your company's requirments, different programming
    languages solve different problem domain.

    Steve, Apr 9, 2006

  3. =?utf-8?B?5rW36aOO?=

    limit Guest

    I just think that program language is not so important
    what we should attention are analyse method,program idea and so on

    limit, Apr 9, 2006
  4. =?utf-8?B?5rW36aOO?=

    limit, Apr 9, 2006
  5. =?utf-8?B?5rW36aOO?=

    fiNAL.Y Guest

    I think it depends on what kind of software your company are
    developing.
    If you are to develop web-based enterprise application, I think J2EE is
    the best choice. Nowadays, few use C++ to develop such applications.
    I myself prefer Java to C++, I only use C++ to develop games.

    fiNAL.Y, Apr 9, 2006
  6. fiNAL.Y wrote:
    > I think it depends on what kind of software your company are
    > developing.
    > If you are to develop web-based enterprise application, I think J2EE is
    > the best choice. Nowadays, few use C++ to develop such applications.
    > I myself prefer Java to C++, I only use C++ to develop games.

    And if you are familiar with C++, Java should not be difficult to learn.
    Life will only become a little easier :)

    Sandor

    Sandor Spruit, Apr 9, 2006
  7. "??" <> wrote in message
    > I have been using c++ for 3 years. but now i encounter java, I find
    > many stubborn problems in C++ have been solved , such as storage
    > management. So I want to use java., but i am not sure, becaese if i did
    > my works with java, I would give up c++. That is , No one company uses
    > java and c++. Can you give me
    > any advices

    Learning Java will not mean that you forget about C++, so I'd definitely go
    ahead and give Java a try.

    You said that "no one company uses java and c++" - that's simply not true. A
    good software house uses the tools they know best, and those that get the
    job done in the most decent fashion. In fact, I can't even name a company
    I've worked for that limited their knowledge to only one language.

    Besides, even if the company you work for only uses C++, knowing Java (or
    other languages) would still be a benefit for you if you're out looking for
    a future position in another company.

    Best regards,

    JC
    --
    http://jcsnippets.atspace.com/
    a collection of source code, tips and tricks

    jcsnippets.atspace.com, Apr 9, 2006
  8. =?utf-8?B?5rW36aOO?=

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 22:03:06 GMT, "jcsnippets.atspace.com"
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    someone who said :

    >Besides, even if the company you work for only uses C++, knowing Java (or
    >other languages) would still be a benefit for you if you're out looking for
    >a future position in another company.

    Just as people who speak 6 human languages impress the heck out of
    people even if that is not required, so speaking many computer
    languages. It demonstrates a willingness to learn new things, the
    ability to figure out things on your own, and that you don't see every
    problem as a nail.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Apr 9, 2006
  9. "=?utf-8?B?5rW36aOO?=" <> wrote in

    > No one company uses java and c++.

    "No one carpenter uses a hammer and a screwdriver."

    Both are equally invalid premises -- java and C++ are both tools, and as
    such , one may be more suited to a task for which the other is less
    suitable, and vice versa. One wouldn't use a screwdriver to drive a nail,
    just as one wouldn't use C++ for certain tasks.

    Cheers
    GRB

    Greg R. Broderick [rot13]

    A. Top posters.

    Greg R. Broderick, Apr 9, 2006
  10. Thanks for all

    =?utf-8?B?5rW36aOO?=, Apr 11, 2006
  11. ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.lang.java.help.] On 2006-04-09, ??
    penned:
    > I have been using c++ for 3 years. but now i encounter java, I find
    > many stubborn problems in C++ have been solved , such as storage
    > management. So I want to use java., but i am not sure, becaese if i
    > did my works with java, I would give up c++. That is , No one
    > company uses java and c++. Can you give me any advices

    The company I work for uses both C++ and Java (as well several other
    languages).

    --
    monique

    Ask smart questions, get good answers: