need your help orviews for distributed programming with ruby

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by saurabh purnaye, Aug 26, 2008.

    hi all,
    greetings,
    I have came across a situation where I want to send sms (Text
    Messages) and mails at a time to thousand's/lac's of users. The text may
    be a security or traffic alerts so its needed that this should be sent
    at a time so that the users may be able to receive them and make some
    actions on it.
    The process I am following is to fetch 100 records and send them
    sequentially, to fetch record, communicate with sms gateway, get
    delivery report and save the sms status as sent in database takes near
    about a second.
    I want to make this process as fast as to send the sms /mails at
    time thr the distributed programming, COULD YOU PLEASE HELP ME BY
    REPLYING WITH YOUR VIEWS OR IDEAS OR IF YOU HAVE CODED SAME, THEN
    SHARING SOME OF THE CODE FOR ME?

    --
    Thanks and Regards
    Saurabh Purnaye