Needed APIs: For copying file and finding Disk Usage

Sankar

Dear all,
I am programming in Linux , wherein I need to know a couple of
things.

1) Does an API exist that can copy file onto another file ( an API
equivalent of 'cp') ?

2) Is there an API that tells me the disk usage ( equivalent for
cmdline
'du' ) ?

Thanks n regards
Sankar

santosh

Sankar wrote:
<snip repeat post>

Don't expect to get replies by ignoring advice and posting the same
post multiple times. Also quote the post which you're replying.

CBFalconer

Sankar said:
.... snip ...

1) Does an API exist that can copy file onto another file ( an API
equivalent of 'cp') ?

Are you trying to annoy by posting this twice in 22 minutes?

Sankar

Oops. was using Google groups to post this.. didnt realise that I
posted it twice.. !!

santosh

Sankar wrote:
Oops. was using Google groups to post this.. didnt realise that I
posted it twice.. !!

The material you quote belongs either above or interleaved between your
text, as is appropriate. In any case, placing the quoted text after
your text, (called top-posting), is very poor style on Usenet, since it
messes up the natural reading order.

Other posters have indicated how you can write your own function to
copy files. Getting disk usage is much more system specific and you
really should ask in a group devoted to yours.

Richard Heathfield

CBFalconer said:
Are you trying to annoy by posting this twice in 22 minutes?

Are you *really* that easily annoyed, Chuck? People make mistakes. Let's not
forget Hanlon's Razor, eh?

CBFalconer

Richard said:
CBFalconer said:

Are you *really* that easily annoyed, Chuck? People make mistakes.
Let's not forget Hanlon's Razor, eh?

A 22 minute interval is too long to be due to the Google faults,
and indicates (to me) the usual newbie impatience.

Richard Heathfield

CBFalconer said:
A 22 minute interval is too long to be due to the Google faults,
and indicates (to me) the usual newbie impatience.

Precisely so - impatience, ignorance, and general incompetence - and *not* a
deliberate attempt to annoy people.

CBFalconer

Richard said:
CBFalconer said:

Precisely so - impatience, ignorance, and general incompetence -
and *not* a deliberate attempt to annoy people.

Aha - that was your point. Similarly to mine, it was obscure. All
is lost in allegory.