    the sip using j2me. please if anybody have done this project tell me
    where to start.

    Thank you.

    irfan, Feb 20, 2006

  2. irfan

    Rhino Guest

    "irfan" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello friends,
    >
    > i am doing a project on Session Initiation Protocol(sip)
    > using J2ME. I want some piece of code so that i can learn and implement
    > the sip using j2me. please if anybody have done this project tell me
    > where to start.

    Google is your friend. With this search string in a Google web search - J2ME
    SIP - I got 94,600 hits. The very first one,
    http://developers.sun.com/techtopics/mobility/apis/articles/sip/, appears to
    answer your question.

    You could easily have done this on your own and avoided the wait for
    answers.

    --
    Rhino

    Rhino, Feb 20, 2006

  3. irfan wrote:
    > Hello friends,
    >
    > i am doing a project on Session Initiation Protocol(sip)
    > using J2ME. I want some piece of code so that i can learn and implement
    > the sip using j2me. please if anybody have done this project tell me
    > where to start.

    There is an open source SIP stack implementation (dont remember its name
    now) which you can have a look at, just search sourceforge or freshmeat.

    Tip: SIP is not an easy protocol to implement there are countless
    secondary protocols you also need for it to work, f.ex SDP. In
    addition, if you are going to complete this as a product, you need to
    attend the half yearly voip interop testing event.

    For more information, look at the IETF voip/sip pages.

    /tom

    tom fredriksen, Feb 20, 2006