Needed Session initiation protocol Programming

irfan

Hello friends,

i am doing a project on Session Initiation Protocol(sip)
using J2ME. I want some piece of code so that i can learn and implement
the sip using j2me. please if anybody have done this project tell me
where to start.

Thank you.

Rhino

irfan said:
Hello friends,

i am doing a project on Session Initiation Protocol(sip)
using J2ME. I want some piece of code so that i can learn and implement
the sip using j2me. please if anybody have done this project tell me
where to start.
Google is your friend. With this search string in a Google web search - J2ME
SIP - I got 94,600 hits. The very first one,
http://developers.sun.com/techtopics/mobility/apis/articles/sip/, appears to
answer your question.

You could easily have done this on your own and avoided the wait for
answers.

tom fredriksen

irfan said:
Hello friends,

i am doing a project on Session Initiation Protocol(sip)
using J2ME. I want some piece of code so that i can learn and implement
the sip using j2me. please if anybody have done this project tell me
where to start.

There is an open source SIP stack implementation (dont remember its name
now) which you can have a look at, just search sourceforge or freshmeat.

Tip: SIP is not an easy protocol to implement there are countless
secondary protocols you also need for it to work, f.ex SDP. In
addition, if you are going to complete this as a product, you need to
attend the half yearly voip interop testing event.

For more information, look at the IETF voip/sip pages.

/tom