needing step-by-step guide to Exchange 5.5 removal

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by a1nemra, Aug 22, 2006.

  1. a1nemra

    a1nemra Guest

    i just would like to know where i can find the documentation of properly
    removing exhcange 5.5 server (STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE) from the network. i've
    already performed the following from the old 5.5 server:
    1. all mailboxes and public folders on the exchange 5.5 have been moved
    already
    2. the exchange 5.5 server is no longer the offline address book server
    3. exchange 5.5 is no longer the routing calculation server
    4. no connectors exist on the exchange 5.5 server

    i've already tried to disable the services of exchange 5.5 server for a
    couple of days and it didnt impact our email transactions. but after a few
    days, an error occured, needing the 5.5 server to be rejoined to our domain.
    during that period our email system was down, and it was apparent that there
    are still dependencies on that server.

    if there would be anyone there to help, please do and it will be highly
    appreciated.

    thanks very much!
    a1nemra, Aug 22, 2006