Mathew Michuta

I'm using VS.NET and I want to use a .net webservice that
returns a dataset to populate a crystal report with data.

The webservice is going to do all the authentication, so I
don't think I need all the bells and whistles of the IDE
attached crystal report...

I'm guessing that I can just create a crystal report based
on the sql statement that the dataset will return, format
everything how I need it, and use it as a bucket to
receive the webservice dataset.

What I don't know is how to do that? The only
documentation that I can get my hands on goes through the
entire IDE process of adding the report and datasource and
all that junk that will not be used. It seems to me having
all that overhead would open up security flaws since i'm
not using it...

Any suggestions for code-only crystal report use???

Thanks!

Jon Paugh

1) Create a types dataset
2) In your report, add/remove database
3) choose project data.
4) Select your typed dataset.
5) Now you can create your report while binding elements
in your typed dataset to the report (e.g. drag and drop
the columns in your typed dataset into your report)
6) Next create code to fetch your typed dataset from your
database
6) Now just set the datasource of your report to instance
of the typed dataset that you fetch.