    not using it...

    Any suggestions for code-only crystal report use???

    Thanks!

    Mathew Michuta, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Mathew Michuta

    Jon Paugh Guest

    1) Create a types dataset
    2) In your report, add/remove database
    3) choose project data.
    4) Select your typed dataset.
    5) Now you can create your report while binding elements
    in your typed dataset to the report (e.g. drag and drop
    the columns in your typed dataset into your report)
    6) Next create code to fetch your typed dataset from your
    database
    6) Now just set the datasource of your report to instance
    of the typed dataset that you fetch.

    based
    >on the sql statement that the dataset will return, format
    >everything how I need it, and use it as a bucket to
    >receive the webservice dataset.
    >
    >What I don't know is how to do that? The only
    >documentation that I can get my hands on goes through the
    >entire IDE process of adding the report and datasource

    and
    >all that junk that will not be used. It seems to me

    having

    Jon Paugh, Nov 18, 2003