Nest Web Projects

Guest

I created a nested web projects with root projects as following

RootWebProject ...Namespace here (EP_RootApplication)
SubProject1....NameSpace.....EP_SubProject1
SubProject2....NameSpace EP_SubProject2

I deleted the global.ascx and web.config from subprojects and change
PostBuildEvent in csproj to root project bin folder like
PostBuildEvent = 'move "$(TargetDir)$(TargetFileName)"
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\RootApplication\bin\'

the problem I have in web config i link in httpModules a custom key with as
<add name="RefreshHttpModule"
type="EP_RootApplication.Utilities.RefreshHttpModule, RootApplication"/>
so when run http://localhost/RootApplication/SubProject1/Login.aspx the
error raised
Parser Error Message: File or assembly name RootApplication, or one of its
dependencies, was not found.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = EduWaveApplication
(Partial)
LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/RootApplication/SubProject1
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===

what should I do to be run correctly

Brock Allen

It's probabaly because the module isn't located in the SubProject's ~/bin
directory. What are you trying to accomplish with the SubProject? It's going
to create a seperate application in IIS -- is that what you're looking for?

For the module, one thing you can do is when you configure it in the parent
web.config add a validate="false" attribute to the <add> element, then in
the SubProject's web.config you'll need to add a <remove> element.