Nest Web Projects

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?UmFlZCBTYXdhbGhh?=, Jul 19, 2005.

  1. I created a nested web projects with root projects as following

    RootWebProject ...Namespace here (EP_RootApplication)
    SubProject1....NameSpace.....EP_SubProject1
    SubProject2....NameSpace EP_SubProject2

    I deleted the global.ascx and web.config from subprojects and change
    PostBuildEvent in csproj to root project bin folder like
    PostBuildEvent = 'move "$(TargetDir)$(TargetFileName)"
    C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\RootApplication\bin\'

    the problem I have in web config i link in httpModules a custom key with as
    <add name="RefreshHttpModule"
    type="EP_RootApplication.Utilities.RefreshHttpModule, RootApplication"/>
    so when run http://localhost/RootApplication/SubProject1/Login.aspx the
    error raised
    Parser Error Message: File or assembly name RootApplication, or one of its
    dependencies, was not found.

    === Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: DisplayName = EduWaveApplication
    (Partial)
    LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/RootApplication/SubProject1
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
    Calling assembly : (Unknown).
    ===

    what should I do to be run correctly

    =?Utf-8?B?UmFlZCBTYXdhbGhh?=, Jul 19, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UmFlZCBTYXdhbGhh?=

    Brock Allen Guest

    It's probabaly because the module isn't located in the SubProject's ~/bin
    directory. What are you trying to accomplish with the SubProject? It's going
    to create a seperate application in IIS -- is that what you're looking for?

    For the module, one thing you can do is when you configure it in the parent
    web.config add a validate="false" attribute to the <add> element, then in
    the SubProject's web.config you'll need to add a <remove> element.

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Jul 19, 2005