nested collection property VS designer error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by kl, Oct 12, 2004.

  1. kl

    kl Guest

    Hi,
    i've made a webcontrol (treeview) that have a Nodes (collection )
    property.
    This collection handles objects of Node type .
    Each Node have its own Nodes property.
    So a treeview has nodes, and each node can have nodes too.
    My problem is that when using the designer (default collection editor),
    when adding nodes to the treeview (1st level) , all is ok, the property is
    persisted.
    BUT when I try to add a sub-node to a node , it's seems to be ok but when I
    click
    OK on the Editor Window , I have this message "object reference not set an
    instance of an object".
    It's about for hours that I try to understand, debug, trace this message,
    but I don't know where it comes from and what object have raised it !

    Could someone give me some help ?

    Thanks

    kl, Oct 12, 2004