nested controls in a custom control.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Peter Rilling, Mar 26, 2007.

  1. Hi.

    I would like to create some controls that allow control elements. For
    instance,

    <foo:MyControl ...>
    <foo:SomeNestedControl .../>
    </foo:MyControl>

    The questions are,
    1) How can I build a control that supports such control nesting?
    2) How can I get the IDE to display the nested control using intellisense?
    And even make it so that my nested control can only be used within it's
    parent.

    Kind of like the way an ASP.NET Table works.

    <asp:Table>

    <asp:TableRow>

    <asp:TableCell>

    </asp:TableCell>