Nested Datagrid Inner Grid adding button column

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Shiek, Dec 24, 2003.

  1. Shiek

    Shiek Guest

    I'm creating a hierarchical, editable ASP.NET datagrid with drilldown
    using two SQL tables. The "child" rows sit inside a cell of its
    "parent".

    I followed the sample from following cutting edge nested grid.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/10/CuttingEdge/default.aspx

    This works okay as a read-only grid but I haven't been able to get at
    the
    EditCommand or other events fired by the inner datagrid.

    This isn't exactly master/detail because I need to be able to add
    button column in the inner datagrid.

    Thanks in Adavance for any help or sample code.

    Regards
    SM
    Shiek, Dec 24, 2003

  2. Hi,

    I read the article about Nested Grid. And I found the few problems in using
    of that control. Therefore I have created an another solution for those
    problems. But my solution does not use the realtions between tables in the
    DataSet. I have created UserControl that has a child DataGrid and the
    LinkButton. I could open the child grid in the few Items at the same time in
    the parent Grid. Also I put CheckBox to the both grids and then made
    autopostback for each check box. I could solve all of the problems that had
    the both grids. The my solution allow to put every control without problem!
    If you want to get the solution, I can send you.
    Write me about that.

    bye-bye

    --
    The Best Regards,
    ..Net Developer

    Micharel Tkachev, Dec 25, 2003

  3. Shiek

    Shiek Guest

    Hi,

    Thanks for your reply. Kindly send me the solution. That will be very helpful.

    Thanks
    Shiek

    Shiek, Dec 29, 2003
  4. Shiek