Nested Datagrid Inner Grid adding button column

Shiek

I'm creating a hierarchical, editable ASP.NET datagrid with drilldown
using two SQL tables. The "child" rows sit inside a cell of its
"parent".

I followed the sample from following cutting edge nested grid.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/10/CuttingEdge/default.aspx

This works okay as a read-only grid but I haven't been able to get at
the
EditCommand or other events fired by the inner datagrid.

This isn't exactly master/detail because I need to be able to add
button column in the inner datagrid.

Thanks in Adavance for any help or sample code.

Regards
SM

Micharel Tkachev

Hi,

I read the article about Nested Grid. And I found the few problems in using
of that control. Therefore I have created an another solution for those
problems. But my solution does not use the realtions between tables in the
DataSet. I have created UserControl that has a child DataGrid and the
LinkButton. I could open the child grid in the few Items at the same time in
the parent Grid. Also I put CheckBox to the both grids and then made
autopostback for each check box. I could solve all of the problems that had
the both grids. The my solution allow to put every control without problem!
If you want to get the solution, I can send you.
Write me about that.

bye-bye

Shiek

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Kindly send me the solution. That will be very helpful.

Thanks
Shiek