Nested datagrid/list/repeaters

Paul

I want to be able to nest a repeater in a datagrid or datalist. I'm not
unduly bothered about a master/child relationship as such as there'll at
this stage only ever be one record on the page, but that record can be
allocated to a number of categories (in fact two sets of categories, so
I think i'll need two repeaters. )

Imagine a protocol kept in a table. i want to display the detail of a
single protocol with an ID No. and title on the top line with the detail
and expiry dates, authors etc. below. I can do all that with a
datagrid/list

However, I want a line that displays the departments that the protocol
applies to (which are kept in a linked table) and another line with the
groups of staff applied to (in another linked table) This data is in a
repeater (2 repeaters) and it all works until I try to put a repeater in
an item template of the grid. (I'd really like this detail to come below
the Title of the protocol) I then get a failure to bind the result set
to the repeater.

The samples on the web all seem to use an onitembound event to link
children with the master, but i thought what i wanted was more simple
than that, but am now wondering whether I am indeed going to have to go
down that route.

Comments, anyone?

Thanks