Nested datalist with related queries

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by sorCrer, Nov 8, 2004.

  1. sorCrer

    sorCrer Guest

    Hi All,

    Something I can't get my head around!

    In classic asp I could:

    SELECT code FROM tblCodes
    While not rs.eof

    SELECT description FROM tblCodes WHERE code LIKE '" & rs.code &
    "%'

    i.e I could pass a nested query based on the resultset of the parent
    one.

    How do I manage this in ASP.net? I understand related datalists/grids
    but in this instance the relationship is wildcard based and uses a
    like operator.

    The codes in this instance are hierarchical data as follows:

    A100
    A100100
    A100200

    With each child being a member of the parent code!

    Idea's?

    sorCrer, Nov 8, 2004