    example: http://www.bernd-liebermann.de/css_test.php

    Thanks for your help!

    Bernd Liebermann

    Bernd Liebermann, Dec 17, 2004

  2. Bernd Liebermann wrote:

    > my problem seems to be quite simple but i haven't found the answer yet:
    >
    > i have one outer div containing two absolutely positioned inner divs.
    > The height of the inner divs varies on the amount of content. Now the
    > outer div's height should grow with the inner divs' height. how can this
    > be achieved?
    > example: http://www.bernd-liebermann.de/css_test.php

    Impossible.

    "Absolutely positioned boxes are taken out of the normal flow."
    <http://w3c.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#propdef-position>

    Think about what you're trying to achieve, and find a different
    solution. Lots of CSS layouts here:
    <http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=CssLayouts>

    Matthias

    Matthias Gutfeldt, Dec 17, 2004

  3. In article <cpupe3$kaf$>, says...
    > my problem seems to be quite simple but i haven't found the answer yet:

    > i have one outer div containing two absolutely positioned inner divs.
    > The height of the inner divs varies on the amount of content. Now the
    > outer div's height should grow with the inner divs' height. how can this
    > be achieved?

    You would probably have to use tables to do simulate that. <insert your
    favorite table less layout quote here>
    --
    -=*Tn*=-

    Travis Newbury, Dec 17, 2004