nested Gridview overflows DIV size

Abhijit

Strange behavior with ASP.NET 2.0

I have a simple nested gridview (for sample, each with just two columns)

The gridview is placed inside a DIV which has height fixed and "overflow =
auto" to control the flow of contents inside DIV and show scrollbars
automaticallty.

The parent GRIDVIEW gets clipped correctly but the child one keeps rendering
outside the DIV bounds

Here is the sample ASPX (ignoring other obvious stuff)
I don't know if I can attach an screenshot to demonstrate the problem.

/////// ASP ////////////////
<asp:GridView id="GV_Parent" ......>
<asp:BoundField DataField="ParentVal1" />
<asp:TemplateField HeaderText="" ShowHeader="False">
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:GridView id="GV_Child" ....
<asp:BoundField DataField="ChildVal1" />
</ItemTemplate>
</asp:TemplateField>
</asp:GridView>
/////////////// C# CodeBehind ////////////////
/////// Ignoring other stuff ////////////

public class myDataChild
{
private int iVal;
public int ChildVal1
{
get { return iVal; }
set { iVal = value; }

public class myDataParent
{
private int iVal;
public List<myDataChild> iChildList ;
public int ParentVal1
{
get { return iVal; }
set { iVal = value; }

public partial class MyPage : System.Web.UI.Page
{
List<myDataParent> DataForBinding = new List<myDataParent>();
if (!Page.IsPostBack)
{
for(int iC = 0; iC < 30; iC++)
{
myDataParent item = new myDataParent ;
item.ParentVal1 = iC ;
for(int jC = 0; jC < 2; jC++)
{
myDataChild chItem = new myDataChild ;
chItem.ChildVal1 = jC ;
item.Add(chItem) ;
}
DataForBinding.Add(item);
}
GV_Parent.DataSource = DataForBinding;
GV_Parent.DataBind();

protected void gv_RowDataBound........
myDataParent pData = (myDataParent)e.Row.DataItem;
GridView gv = (GridView)e.Row.FindControl("GV_Child");
if (null != gv)
{
gv.DataSource = pData.iChildList;
gv.DataBind();