Nested lists

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Luigi Donatello Asero, Aug 25, 2006.

  1. Luigi Donatello Asero, Aug 25, 2006

    http://k75s.home.att.net/tests.html

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 25, 2006

  3. Luigi Donatello Asero

    rf Guest

    rf, Aug 25, 2006
  4. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
    <> vouchsafed:

    > I am looking for an example of nested ordered lists.

    I've got one online in an *adult* (nudie) page, if interested.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.

    Neredbojias, Aug 25, 2006
  5. Luigi Donatello Asero, Aug 25, 2006

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> skrev i

    meddelandet
    > > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > >
    > > > I am looking for an example of nested ordered lists.

    > > http://k75s.home.att.net/tests.html

    > Thank you.

    I think that I have found another bug at Opera...
    concerning the list-style-type:
    applied to <OL>
    Besides,
    the menu is displayed after the list of contents
    which is the opposite in respect to the order I have written them in the
    source.
    This implies that I have to assign the number 3 to the Menu.

    --

    Luigi Donatello Asero
    我居ä½åœ¨Sverige

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Aug 25, 2006
  7. Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <>

    >>> http://k75s.home.att.net/tests.html

    >> Thank you.

    > I think that I have found another bug at Opera... concerning the
    > list-style-type: applied to <OL>

    My test page works fine in Opera 9. Check your typing.

    http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/lists.html

    Scroll down to:
    "For the OL element, possible values for the type attribute are
    summarized in the table below (they are case-sensitive):"

    Note that the choices should have hyphens between the words.

    > Besides, the menu is displayed after the list of contents which is the
    > opposite in respect to the order I have written them in the source.

    Give the URL to your test page.

    > This implies that I have to assign the number 3 to the Menu.

    What number 3?

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 25, 2006
  8. "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    > > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <>
    > >>
    > >> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <>

    > >> Thank you.

    > > I think that I have found another bug at Opera... concerning the
    > > list-style-type: applied to <OL>

    > My test page works fine in Opera 9. Check your typing.
    >
    > http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/lists.html

    I think that it might depend on the number of lists which are nested.
    See https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html

    > Scroll down to:
    > "For the OL element, possible values for the type attribute are
    > summarized in the table below (they are case-sensitive):"

    > Note that the choices should have hyphens between the words.

    I think that I have used the hyphens.

    > > Besides, the menu is displayed after the list of contents which is the
    > > opposite in respect to the order I have written them in the source.

    > Give the URL to your test page.

    I did it directly on the "real" page, so to say
    > > This implies that I have to assign the number 3 to the Menu.

    > What number 3?

    The number 3 in the first list.

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    我照想了

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Aug 25, 2006
  9. Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >>> I think that I have found another bug at Opera... concerning the
    >>> list-style-type: applied to <OL>

    >> My test page works fine in Opera 9. Check your typing.
    >>
    >> http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/lists.html

    > I think that it might depend on the number of lists which are nested.
    > See https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html

    May be. You'll have to ask Opera. You have them nested eight deep, which
    to me seems like typical Luigi overkill.

    <snip>

    >> Give the URL to your test page.

    > I did it directly on the "real" page, so to say
    > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html

    Heh. You've made this totally disjointed page even worse than it already
    was. I just cannot envision any visitors trying to sift their way
    through all of the stuff on the page.

    Why does the table of contents start *after* the first two items?

    >> What number 3?

    > The number 3 in the first list.

    I still don't understand what you mean by the 3.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 25, 2006
  10. Luigi Donatello Asero

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <tHJHg.304862$>,
    "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:

    > Why does the table of contents start *after* the first two items?

    ....because he loves me and is trying to go some way to making
    everything upside down and inside out.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Aug 25, 2006
  11. "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    > > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> skrev i

    meddelandet

    > >> My test page works fine in Opera 9. Check your typing.
    > >>
    > >> http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/lists.html

    > > I think that it might depend on the number of lists which are nested.
    > > See https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html

    > May be. You'll have to ask Opera. You have them nested eight deep, which
    > to me seems like typical Luigi overkill.
    >
    > <snip>

    Well, yes there are not many examples with lists which have been nested
    eight deep, no.....
    > >> Give the URL to your test page.

    > > I did it directly on the "real" page, so to say
    > > https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/it/svezia.html

    > Heh. You've made this totally disjointed page even worse than it already
    > was. I just cannot envision any visitors trying to sift their way
    > through all of the stuff on the page.

    Why?

    > Why does the table of contents start *after* the first two items?
    >
    > >> What number 3?

    > > The number 3 in the first list.

    > I still don't understand what you mean by the 3.

    ??
    I would have not been surprised if you had not understood my signature in
    Chinese but 3?
    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    我照想了

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Aug 25, 2006
  12. "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > In article
    > <tHJHg.304862$>,
    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Why does the table of contents start *after* the first two items?

    > ...because he loves me and is trying to go some way to making
    > everything upside down and inside out.

    You are shy, are you?
    As far as I know, so far, there has been only one person I have loved
    without even having met her in person...
    and she had written long letters using a pen...
    but that happened a very long time ago....

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    我照想了

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Aug 25, 2006
  13. Luigi Donatello Asero

    dorayme Guest

    In article <k6LHg.14281$>,
    "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > > Heh. You've made this totally disjointed page even worse than it already
    > > was. I just cannot envision any visitors trying to sift their way
    > > through all of the stuff on the page.

    > Why?

    Ah Luigi, you are expecting Beauregard to be more imaginative eh?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Aug 26, 2006
  14. "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > In article <k6LHg.14281$>,
    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:
    >
    > > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> skrev i

    meddelandet

    > > > Heh. You've made this totally disjointed page even worse than it

    already
    > > > was. I just cannot envision any visitors trying to sift their way
    > > > through all of the stuff on the page.

    > > Why?
    > >

    > Ah Luigi, you are expecting Beauregard to be more imaginative eh?

    more imaginative than whom or what?

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    我照想了

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Aug 26, 2006
  15. Luigi Donatello Asero

    dorayme Guest

    In article <Y9LHg.14283$>,
    "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:

    > "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > In article
    > > <tHJHg.304862$>,
    > > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Why does the table of contents start *after* the first two items?

    > > ...because he loves me and is trying to go some way to making
    > > everything upside down and inside out.

    > You are shy, are you?

    Like a little seedling hesitating to sprout...

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Aug 26, 2006
  16. Luigi Donatello Asero

    dorayme Guest

    In article <pnLHg.14285$>,

    > already
    > > >
    > > > Why?
    > > >

    > > Ah Luigi, you are expecting Beauregard to be more imaginative eh?

    > more imaginative than whom or what?

    more imaginative than the person who cannot imagine someone
    sifting their way through all the stuff on the page...

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Aug 26, 2006
  17. "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > In article <Y9LHg.14283$>,
    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:
    >

    > > "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > > In article
    > > > <tHJHg.304862$>,

    > > > ...because he loves me and is trying to go some way to making
    > > > everything upside down and inside out.

    > > You are shy, are you?

    > Like a little seedling hesitating to sprout...

    How old are you?
    How tall are you?

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    我照想了

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Aug 26, 2006
  18. Luigi Donatello Asero

    dorayme Guest

    In article <txLHg.14288$>,
    "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:

    > > > You are shy, are you?

    > > Like a little seedling hesitating to sprout...

    > How old are you?
    > How tall are you?

    As old and tall as the average seedling...

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Aug 26, 2006
  19. "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > > > Like a little seedling hesitating to sprout...

    > > How old are you?
    > > How tall are you?

    > As old and tall as the average seedling...

    Are you
    "Once burned twice shy"
    (as in the old song sung by Agnetha Fältskog)
    ?
    http://www.asklyrics.com/display/Faltskog_Agnetha/Once_Burned,_Twice_Shy_Lyrics/61688.htm

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    我照想了

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Aug 26, 2006
  20. Luigi Donatello Asero

    dorayme Guest

    In article <KPMHg.14295$>,

    > > > How old are you?
    > > > How tall are you?

    > > As old and tall as the average seedling...

    > Are you
    > "Once burned twice shy"

    In Something's Got To Give, Diane Keaton tells her love spurned
    daughter that it is it better to go on being burned ... She,
    herself, is going thru some pangs on account of Jack Nicholson.
    What a wank of a film though...

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Aug 26, 2006