    This makes the page load slower if there is more data.

    What can I do to speed up the speed of page?

    Thanks for your help.

    =?Utf-8?B?bWF2cmlja18xMDE=?=, Aug 10, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bWF2cmlja18xMDE=?=

    sloan Guest

    Are you using a DataSet (non or strong typed) .. and you do a .Select to get
    the children (or perhaps use the relationship name?)

    I'm sure, but lets say you have Orders (parent) and OrderDetails (children)

    If you create a OrderCollection (from CollectionBase in 1.1 or a generic in
    2.0 ) , and put Order (objects) in that collection
    ~and you have a Order.Details sub collection (where OrderDetailCollection
    is a collection of OrderDetails ) ..

    What I'm getting at .. is that if you objects are "pre children-ized",
    perhaps it would be faster.

    check my blog, I have 1.1 and 2.0 code for creating CollectionBase (1.1) and
    a <List> in 2.0.

    My theory is that if you pre-childrenize, and avoid the DataSet.Select or
    DataSet.GetChildren("myrelationshipname") (sp?)... then it might be faster.

    It depends on how motivated you are to setup that test scenario.

    "mavrick_101" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a nested repeater. For each row in the parent repeater there is a
    > child repeater with several rows of data.
    >
    > The way I'm doing this is throught ItemDataBound Event. So for each Row in
    > parent repeater, when its ItemDataBound event is raised I grab the content

    of

    sloan, Aug 10, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?bWF2cmlja18xMDE=?=

    sloan Guest