    Is there a lower limit, of 2 or 3 pixels that cannot be overcome?
    TIA
    Brian Tozer
    KiwiBrian, Feb 6, 2005

  2. "KiwiBrian" <> wrote:

    > Is it possible, either using css or not, to nest tables to create
    > different concentric colour borders all of 1 pixel width?

    Yes. But why would you need tables for that? You can use a <div> element
    containing a <div> element etc., each with different border. Or maybe
    you could use background colors and padding or margin to create the
    impression of a border.

    > My attempts have been unsuccessful in achieving such an even pattern of
    > successive concentric 1 pixel width borders.

    It's hard to tell what has happened when you don't specify a URL and the
    desired specific appearance.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Feb 6, 2005

  3. KiwiBrian

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Toby Inkster, Feb 6, 2005
  4. KiwiBrian

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 08:10:23 +0000, Toby Inkster
    <> wrote:

    : KiwiBrian wrote:
    :
    : > Is it possible, either using css or not, to nest tables to create
    : > different concentric colour borders all of 1 pixel width?
    :
    : http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/borders/coloured

    Thanks Toby! How nice! Very uducational!

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Feb 6, 2005
  5. KiwiBrian

    KiwiBrian Guest

    "Toby Inkster" wrote
    > KiwiBrian wrote:

    >> Is it possible, either using css or not, to nest tables to create
    >> different concentric colour borders all of 1 pixel width?

    > http://examples.tobyinkster.co.uk/borders/coloured

    Thanks very much Toby for your superb response which answered my query and
    taught me lots of other techniques as well.
    Efficient and elegant.
    Brian Tozer
    KiwiBrian, Feb 6, 2005