    I've seen pages that nest about 4 levels of user controls.

    Thanks

    , Nov 10, 2006

  2. When the page builds the Control tree and needs to make more recursive calls
    to complete it's work, that by definition means it takes more time.

    There are many other factors involved - the size and complexity of the
    controls, whether they use ViewState, etc.
    Peter

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    UnBlog:
    http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Nov 10, 2006

  3. I don't think nested controls are normally much of a performance issue,
    although there can be some exceptional situations.
    I'd say it's usually more about how many controls you have on your page and
    how complex and efficient they are. Their relation to each other (nested or
    not) is usually of little consequence.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,