nested webcontrol collection designer tag error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by kl, Jan 23, 2004.

  1. kl

    kl Guest

    Hi,
    my problem that the generated designer code "forgot" one opening xml tag ...

    I made two composites webcontrols

    1 "header" controls that contains "items" as collection (property name
    as "Itemlist")

    2 "menu" that contains "header" as collection (property name as "Panels")

    Both of theses classes inherit from Webcontrol and are marked
    as : ,ParseChildren(true)
    ,PersistChildren(false)

    and for both the properties above i put this:
    DesignerSerializationVisibility(DesignerSerializationVisibility.Content),
    PersistenceMode(PersistenceMode.InnerProperty)

    if I drop the first webcontrol on the form designer all works fine... i
    can iterate thru the item list and the generated code is ok .

    But when I drop "menu" on the form , the structure seems like this
    <menu props...>
    <header props...>
    <item></item>
    <item></item>
    </header>
    <header props...>
    <item></item>
    </header>
    </PANELS>
    </menu>

    you can see that the opening tag "<PANELS>" is missing...
    if i add this manually all works fine ....
    Does anyone have an idea ?

    Thanks
    Karim Laurent

    kl, Jan 23, 2004