Nesting an asp:label control inside of an asp:table

Guy Noir

So, I have a table that I only want to appear after some event has
fired. Using the asp:table control and the Visible property, this is a
piece of cake. The problem is that when I try and drop a label control
or any other asp:control to the table, the designer view gives me the
old circle and slash
saying "Nope, can't do that".

Am I correct to assume then that one cannot place an asp:control in an
asp:cell? If I am wrong here, other then manually adding the control in
code, but that causes some issues in the code behind. Is there a way to
do this in designer mode?

Thanks so much for sharing your expertise.

-Guy

donet programmer

Am I correct to assume then that one cannot place an asp:control in an
asp:cell?

NO thats definitely not correct ... I use the table control all the
time to display all sorts of controls checkboxes, radio buttons,
button, link buttons, hyperlinks ... and designer does also support
this.. no idea why you are not able to add controls to the table cell

donet said:
NO thats definitely not correct ... I use the table control all the
time to display all sorts of controls checkboxes, radio buttons,
button, link buttons, hyperlinks ... and designer does also support
this.. no idea why you are not able to add controls to the table cell
Thanks for affirming that. I can tell you how I am using this:
1. I create the table by dragging the web controls table from the
toolbar to the asp.net page in designer.
2. On the table properties, I click rows and add 1 row.
3. In that row, I add, say, 2 cells.

At this point One would think I could drag and drop an asp:label
control to one of the cells, but no go. Even when I add some text to
the cell thinking that maybe the cell had collapsed. Still no dice.
Perhaps there is a table or row/cell setting I am missing?

Thanks for the advice.

-Guy

donet programmer

I use the HTML view of the designer .... just start typing <asp:....
inside TableCell .. and intellisense should give u options to add
whatever control youwant to add....

Guy Noir

donet said:
I use the HTML view of the designer .... just start typing <asp:....
inside TableCell .. and intellisense should give u options to add
whatever control youwant to add....
Right, understand that. Just looking to "fix" what appears to be broke
as keeping track of the html code is tedious for me and the designer
mode seems to work for some but not for me. Perhaps there is an install
option I missed.....hrmmmmmm