nesting instead of id ing

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Tim W, Feb 6, 2013.

  1. Tim W

    Tim W Guest

    I am looking at the site template here:
    http://www.html5-templates.co.uk/archive/temps/beadysite/
    The Nav menu is in the html like this:

    <ul>
    <li>
    <h2>Menu </h2>
    <ul>
    </ul>
    </li>
    </ul>

    And the Nav has no id but is selected in the css as
    #sidebar li li {.... }

    I realise the futility of sometimes looking for purpose and design in a
    world in which meaning is almost always elusive but here is my question:
    Is it normal or common this nesting of lists instead of giving them a
    class or an id? I have never seen it before. And Why?

    Tim W
    Tim W, Feb 6, 2013