    alone any of them underneath. Am I explaining myself well? I hope
    so!

    Sarah
    Sarah W, Mar 12, 2008

  2. Sarah W

    Evertjan. Guest

    Sarah W wrote on 12 mrt 2008 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > Forgive me, I'm still pretty newb with javascript.
    >
    > I was asked to start updating a webpage for an organization I belong
    > to, and I'd like to make it a bit easier to read. Before I get too
    > far, the current page is located
    > http://www.northshield.org/Posts/Display.aspx?ID=8
    >
    > As you can see, it is very long, and pretty confusing. What I'd like
    > to do is for each name level, use a show/hide div for the one under
    > it. For example, all of the headers would always show. But you could
    > click on that, and the level 2 names would show up. Click on a level
    > 2 name, and level 3 names (but only for the name that you clicked on)
    > come up, and so on and so forth.
    >
    > I haven't even been able to get the first show/hide div to work, let
    > alone any of them underneath. Am I explaining myself well? I hope
    > so!

    Yes, you are.

    You did not ask anything else, but:

    Woudn't it be far more logical to do this serverside,
    by making virtual pages based on an index number with asp.net,
    with as your .aspx gives away is available?

    NG: <microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet>

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Mar 12, 2008

  3. Sarah W

    Sarah W Guest

    Cant really do anything server side because I don't have access to
    it. I'm just updating and changing this page that I hand over to
    someone else and they plug it into the rest of the site.

    Sarah W, Mar 12, 2008
  4. Sarah W

    Evertjan. Guest

    Sarah W wrote on 12 mrt 2008 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > On Mar 12, 9:49 am, "Evertjan." <> wrote:

    >> > I haven't even been able to get the first show/hide div to work, let
    >> > alone any of them underneath. Am I explaining myself well? I hope
    >> > so!

    >> Yes, you are.
    >>
    >> You did not ask anything else, but:
    >>
    >> Woudn't it be far more logical to do this serverside,
    >> by making virtual pages based on an index number with asp.net,
    >> with as your .aspx gives away is available?
    >>
    >> NG: <microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet>

    [Please do not toppost on usenet,
    and do not quote signatures]

    > Cant really do anything server side because I don't have access to
    > it. I'm just updating and changing this page that I hand over to
    > someone else and they plug it into the rest of the site.

    That is what serverside programming is all about, Sarah.

    Just put your serverside code into the file
    and upload it or have it oploaded to the server.

    =========

    However, if you desperately want to do it clientsside,
    please start learning javascript and CSS.

    Then try something simple and show the results here.

    Starting off with the specifications you wanted on a lagre page is not
    viable, and if you do not like a steep learning curve,
    better put someone on it with the necessary experience, paid or non paid.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Mar 12, 2008