"Nesting" XML documents using DOM

Paul Lee

Hi everyone,
I'm trying to nest one XML document inside another, but the only
method I can think of (not being familiar with Java and DOM!) would
involve nested while loops.

Basically, I have something like this:

<Book>
<Title>blob</Title>
<Author>blobby</Author>
.... etc ...
</Book>

What I'm trying to do is import another XML doc. where the Author tag
is located, so it becomes
<Author>
<First Author>a</First Author>
<Second Author>b</Second Author>
</Author>

There must be a very simple way to do it in DOM but my head hurts!

(by the way, how do I export the resultant Document into String
format? I've looked at obvious solutions such as any "getText()"
functions, but help
pages refer to traversing each node in turn and parsing them into
text)

TIA

Paul