.NET 1.1 apps stop working when .NET 2.0 starts working etc

lds

On our server we have both applications that have been migrated to use
v2.0 of the framework as well as apps that have not yet been migrated
and still use 1.1. When I tried to deploy my v2.0 app earlier today
it would not work. We restarted IIS and evenutally it started
working, but not right after it restarted. Once it finally started
working, the other v1.1 apps stopped working and we got the "Server
Application is not available" error. We restarted IIS again and the
1.1 apps started working again and the 2.0 app stopped.

Does anyone know what would be causing this issue? You can have both
versions running on the same server can't you?

Mike

You have to create a seperate application pool for you .NET 1.x apps You
can't run them under the same app pool under IIS.

Mike

Juan T. Llibre

If you're using IIS 6.0, you need to place .Net 1.1 apps
and .Net 2.0 apps in separate Application Pools.

You cannot mix 1.1 apps and 2.0 apps in the same App Pool.

lds

If you're using IIS 6.0, you need to place .Net 1.1 apps
and .Net 2.0 apps in separate Application Pools.

You cannot mix 1.1 apps and 2.0 apps in the same App Pool.

Thanks! We figured that out eventually and everything is working
great now.