    1.1 apps started working again and the 2.0 app stopped.

    Does anyone know what would be causing this issue? You can have both
    versions running on the same server can't you?
    lds, Oct 3, 2007

  2. lds

    Mike Guest

    You have to create a seperate application pool for you .NET 1.x apps You
    can't run them under the same app pool under IIS.

    Mike

    Mike, Oct 3, 2007

  3. If you're using IIS 6.0, you need to place .Net 1.1 apps
    and .Net 2.0 apps in separate Application Pools.

    You cannot mix 1.1 apps and 2.0 apps in the same App Pool.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Oct 3, 2007
  4. lds

    lds Guest

    On Oct 3, 4:11 pm, "Juan T. Llibre" <> wrote:
    > If you're using IIS 6.0, you need to place .Net 1.1 apps
    > and .Net 2.0 apps in separate Application Pools.
    >
    > You cannot mix 1.1 apps and 2.0 apps in the same App Pool.
    >
    > Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    > asp.net faq :http://asp.net.do/faq/
    > foros de asp.net, en español :http://asp.net.do/foros/
    > ======================================
    >

    > "lds" <> wrote in messagenews:...
    > > On our server we have both applications that have been migrated to use
    > > v2.0 of the framework as well as apps that have not yet been migrated
    > > and still use 1.1. When I tried to deploy my v2.0 app earlier today
    > > it would not work. We restarted IIS and evenutally it started
    > > working, but not right after it restarted. Once it finally started
    > > working, the other v1.1 apps stopped working and we got the "Server
    > > Application is not available" error. We restarted IIS again and the
    > > 1.1 apps started working again and the 2.0 app stopped.

    > > Does anyone know what would be causing this issue? You can have both
    > > versions running on the same server can't you?- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks! We figured that out eventually and everything is working
    great now.
    lds, Oct 4, 2007