.Net 1.1 - Export XML via HTTPS problem

Guest

Does anyone knows of any issues/problems associated with sending xml file via
https?
I have a button which exports data records using DataSet.GetXML() method
and sending it over the https and clients (outside the firewall) apparently
having problems with obtaining the xml file. Following is a snippet of the
actual code which generates the xml for export.

HttpContext.Current.Response.ClearContent();
HttpContext.Current.Response.ContentType = "text/xml";
HttpContext.Current.Response.AddHeader("content-disposition","attachment;
filename=" + exportFileName);
HttpContext.Current.Response.Output.Write(dataSet.GetXml());
HttpContext.Current.Response.End();

Apparently the error "Internet Explorer cannot download myPage.aspx from
www... Internet explorer was not able to open this Internet site. ...."

Is it the issue with https or is it the client's firewall settings which
could have prevented this type of data streaming (xml)?

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.
Calvin

Joerg Jooss

Thus wrote Calvin,
[...]

...."

Is it the issue with https or is it the client's firewall settings
which could have prevented this type of data streaming (xml)?

Do you add any Cache-Control headers to the response? Does it work with other
browsers?

Cheers,

Guest

Cache-Control? Do I have to?
I have not tested it in other browsers but it's working fine still for users
within the same domain (internal) but apparently external users are having
problems.
Help help help.... anyone?
Calvin

Joerg Jooss

Thus wrote Calvin,
Cache-Control? Do I have to?

No, it can make things actually worse for some combinations of browsers and
Cache-Control headers -- that's why I asked.
I have not tested it in other browsers but it's working fine still for
users
within the same domain (internal) but apparently external users are
having
problems.
Help help help.... anyone?

That sounds more like an infrastructure issue to me...