.Net 1.1 is not compatible with .Net 1.0 programs?!!

Jackal

Dear Ravikanth,
Thank you very much for your reply, the part of the program which didn't
work on .Net 1.1 simply sent a "http" request that called a web service
function,
such as,
http://aladdin/elizawebservice/elizawebservice.asmx/HelloWorld?
where,
aladdin : means the machine name that installed .Net 1.1 English version
HelloWorld? : means the function in the "elizawebservice" web service
with no parameter
however, the same program worked on .Net 1.0,
http://conan/elizawebservice/elizawebservice.asmx/HelloWorld?
and it returned an xml document as the attachment I attached in the article.
Got any idea? Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Jackal