.Net 1.1 is not compatible with .Net 1.0 programs?!!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ravikanth[MVP], Jul 21, 2003.

  1. Hi

    Can you please elaborate your problem more clearly.

    Ravikanth

    Ravikanth[MVP], Jul 21, 2003

  2. Ravikanth[MVP]

    Jackal Guest

    Dear Ravikanth,
    Thank you very much for your reply, the part of the program which didn't
    work on .Net 1.1 simply sent a "http" request that called a web service
    function,
    such as,
    http://aladdin/elizawebservice/elizawebservice.asmx/HelloWorld?
    where,
    aladdin : means the machine name that installed .Net 1.1 English version
    HelloWorld? : means the function in the "elizawebservice" web service
    with no parameter
    however, the same program worked on .Net 1.0,
    http://conan/elizawebservice/elizawebservice.asmx/HelloWorld?
    and it returned an xml document as the attachment I attached in the article.
    Got any idea? Many thanks in advance!

    Cheers,
    Jackal

    "Ravikanth[MVP]" <> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D