.net 1.1 service pack killed remote debugging -?

Craig

Hope this is the right group, first timer -
Just got back from holiday to find our Dev Server (Standard 2003, All
hotfixes up to date) has been patched with KB 867460 (.NET Framework
1.1 Service Pack 1 (SP1)), and now when I try to debug remotely from
Visual Studio 2003 (Local PC (XP-SP2)) has this service pack as well
and on the same domain as the server) I get;

Error while trying to run Project: Unable to satrt debugging on the
web server.Error: Debugging Failed Because Integrated Windows
Authentication Is Not Enabled

I have seen a number of microsoft fixes that mention XP sp2 (I dont
think this is the problem), I have everything that may cause a problem
turned off.
Also tried the DCOM fix, mentioned in another group, by "adding
anonymous users" to server.

Any ideas, anyone else having this problem?, HELP.....

Craig Hogan
Systems Engineer

Nils Magnus Englund

Hi Craig,

Try enabling Integrated Windows Authentication on the dev server (I don't
know why it would be disabled, but the error message suggests it is...).

From the IIS console, right click on your Web application under the correct
site (e.g. Web sites -> Default Web Site -> WebApplication1) and select
properties. Under "Directory security" click the Edit button under
"Anonymous access and authentication control". On the dialog box which
appears; make sure "Integrated Windows Authentication" is checked.

Good luck!

Regards,
Nils Magnus Englund

Craig

Nils Magnus Englund said:
Hi Craig,

Try enabling Integrated Windows Authentication on the dev server (I don't
know why it would be disabled, but the error message suggests it is...).

From the IIS console, right click on your Web application under the correct
site (e.g. Web sites -> Default Web Site -> WebApplication1) and select
properties. Under "Directory security" click the Edit button under
"Anonymous access and authentication control". On the dialog box which
appears; make sure "Integrated Windows Authentication" is checked.

Good luck!

Regards,
Nils Magnus Englund

Thanks for the help Nils, should have mentioned that this (IIS is set
to Windows Auth) is already done, I have however checked the folder
security and added debuggers, everyone, aspnet etc...
Still no luck.