[.Net 2.0 / Ajax.Net] Tab order / current position lost?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rob Meade, May 10, 2007.

  1. Rob Meade

    Rob Meade Guest

    Dear all,

    I have a form where three drop down menu's are populated based on the
    selection of another, my problem is that when this happens the cursor is
    always returned to the top of the form, ie, a text box at the top.

    What could/should I do in order to remember the position, ie, if I select a
    value in the drop down menu (any of them)? I would normally expect that
    value to be highlighted and remain selected until I either clicked away or
    tabbed away.

    It's only a minor detail but its annoying from my form testing perspective
    and thus will be an inconvenience to my users.

    Thanks in advance for any/all help.

    Regards

    Rob
    Rob Meade, May 10, 2007

  2. if user selection causes a postback, then pickup the form value selected and use it to reset the selected values in the pageload.

    Jon Paal [MSMD], May 10, 2007

  3. Rob Meade

    carion1 Guest

    Re: Tab order / current position lost?

    myForm.DefaultFocus = "controlNameGoesHere";

    carion1, May 10, 2007
  4. Rob Meade

    Rob Meade Guest

    Thanks :eek:)