.NET 2.0 converted. Seems slow on production machine

David C

I just converted an 1.X application to 2.0.

It is noticeably slow. In fact, my development machine is faster. It
just takes a lot longer for a page to load, and there aren't any
database calls involved. Page loads are much more snappier on my
development machine which is just a 3 year old laptop whereas the
production server is new. Can't tell you all the specs, but with 1.X,
the production server was a lot faster.

Just learning how .NET 2.0 assemblies work, so I am a novice in that
regard. Any trouble shooting tips would be much appreciated.

Guest

ASP.NET 2.0 is definitely not "slower" than 1.1. Unfortunately there could be
any number of issues that could contribute to the problem you have, and so
you'll need to put on your Sherlock Holmes hat and perform some diagnostics.
You can find information on what to do, especially to get good health and
other diagnostics, at MSDN online.
-- Peter
Recursion: see Recursion
site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com

David C

ASP.NET 2.0 is definitely not "slower" than 1.1. Unfortunately there could be
any number of issues that could contribute to the problem you have, and so
you'll need to put on your Sherlock Holmes hat and perform some diagnostics.
You can find information on what to do, especially to get good health and
other diagnostics, at MSDN online.

Could you share some good MSDN links I can start out with?