.NET 2.0: DataList with nested LinkButton

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by R.A.M., Jun 21, 2006.

  1. R.A.M.

    R.A.M. Guest

    Hello,
    Please help me in simple problem. I defined DataList, FooterTemplate
    with nested asp:LinkButton, and command handler procedure:

    <asp:DataList ID="BooksList" runat="server"
    OnEditCommand="BooksList_Edit"
    OnUpdateCommand="BooksList_Update"
    OnCancelCommand="BooksList_Cancel"
    OnDeleteCommand="BooksList_Delete">
    <FooterTemplate>
    </tbody>
    <tfoot>
    <asp:LinkButton ID="BooksLisAdd"
    runat="server" Text="Add" CommandName="Add"
    OnCommand="BooksListAdd_Add" />
    </tfoot>
    </FooterTemplate>
    </asp:DataList>

    protected void BooksListAdd_Add(object sender, CommandEventArgs e)
    BooksListAdd.Visible = false; // HERE ERROR: "The
    name 'BooksListAdd' does not exist in the current context."
    }

    Could you explain me please the error and how to solve it?
    Thank you very much
    /RAM/
    R.A.M., Jun 21, 2006