.Net 2.0 - Edit Bit datatype in a gridview

Guest

I have a table with a field with a bit datatype.

I use a gridview to edit that a row in that table. I use SQLDataSource and
enable editbutton property to get a link to edit the row.

That all works fine but after I click the edit link, the bit field turns
into a text field (displaying true/false string), rather than a checkbox (or
radiobutton).

Is this by design? I just want a checkdown to edit that true-false bit field?

Guest

I have a table with a field with a bit datatype.

I use a gridview to edit that a row in that table. I use SQLDataSource and
enable editbutton property to get a link to edit the row.

That all works fine but after I click the edit link, the bit field turns
into a text field (displaying true/false string), rather than a checkbox (or
radiobutton).

Is this by design? I just want a checkdown to edit that true-false bit field?

for me it works well

ConnectionString="server=..."
SelectCommand="SELECT Id, ... FROM ..."
updatecommand="UPDATE ... SET ... WHERE Id = @Id"</asp:SqlDataSource>

DataKeyNames="Id"
autogenerateeditbutton="true"
DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1"></asp:GridView>

I have a bit field and I see a checkbox in the edit mode.

I'm not sure if it makes sense to cast, try

SELECT ... CONVERT(bit,[fieldname]) as [fieldname]