.net 2.0 forms authentication and Apple Safari

Pedro Vera

Is there any reason why none of my web applications using forms
authentication refuse to work with Apple Safari? These work perfectly
with IE, Firefox and Chrome. Firefox works identically in OS X and
Windows.

Am I missing a work around? I am having a hard time believing that
just that browser in particular is giving me grief.

TIA

Pedro Vera
http://insomniaccoder.com

Pedro Vera

Is there any reason why none of my web applications using forms
authentication refuse to work with Apple Safari? These work perfectly
with IE, Firefox and Chrome. Firefox works identically in OS X and
Windows.

Am I missing a work around? I am having a hard time believing that
just that browser in particular is giving me grief.

TIA

Pedro Verahttp://insomniaccoder.com

Correction:

This only fails on the current OS X version of Safari. It works on the
current Safari 4 for Windows.

Pedro

Serhat Albayoglu

I developed many sites using Windows FormsAuthentication and on my last project I am stuck with Safari.

My development machine is using Vista & Safari 4.0.4 (531.21.10).

The web site was designed using aspx & c#.

I tried Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Chrome & Maxthon2 there and they all work perfectly. But Safari fails to redirect the page.

I then installed safari (same version as above) to an XP machine and the result is the same.

It does not work.

I have been looking for a fix but so far I failed. Unfortunately most of the members of this site use Safari (on MAC) and I am not able to test the site with Safari.

Pedro Vera wrote:

Re: .net 2.0 forms authentication and Apple Safari
28-Mar-09

Correction

This only fails on the current OS X version of Safari. It works on th
current Safari 4 for Windows

Pedro

..net 2.0 forms authentication and Apple Safari
Is there any reason why none of my web applications using form
authentication refuse to work with Apple Safari? These work perfectl
with IE, Firefox and Chrome. Firefox works identically in OS X an
Windows

Am I missing a work around? I am having a hard time believing tha
just that browser in particular is giving me grief

TI

Pedro Ver
http://insomniaccoder.com

Re: .net 2.0 forms authentication and Apple Safari
Correction

This only fails on the current OS X version of Safari. It works on th
current Safari 4 for Windows

Pedro

Build a Versatile .NET Code Timer / Logger
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...52-f3523e665fee/build-a-versatile-net-co.aspx