.net 2.0 Login Control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by PokerMan, Jul 4, 2007.

  1. PokerMan

    PokerMan Guest

    Hi

    I am trying to use the login control but there seems to be so much set up
    required and it seems to lock the entire site and require a login for every
    page.

    All i want is to use the functionality of this control and be able to set
    the pages that must require a successfull login to view.

    Also i use master pages which seem to not show up on my login.aspx page when
    it redirects there.

    So my questions are:

    1) Can this be used to set the specific pages that require login and only
    redirect to login.aspx if a user directly tried to go to these without
    having logged in
    2) Is it possible to use master pages on the login.aspx page?

    Examples of how to do the above would be great.

    Thanks

    PokerMan, Jul 4, 2007

  2. PokerMan

    PokerMan Guest

    Never mind figured it out....

    in the web config do this:

    <location path="PageToRestrict.aspx">

    <system.web>

    <authorization>

    <deny users="?" />

    </authorization>

    </system.web>

    </location>

    Which tells it to only check that page for authentication

    PokerMan, Jul 4, 2007