    3.0 simply adds new components and does not change 2.0 components.

    Is that also true from 3.0 to 3.5?

    TIA.

    Paul, May 21, 2008

  2. You will need 3.0, but you do not have to install it separately. Same for
    2.0 SP1 and 3.0 SP1. When you install the 3.5 bits it will realize the lack
    of lower versions (3.0) and the lack of the SPs (2.0 SP1 and 3.0 SP1) and
    install them for you.

    There are a few areas where you can break an app with 3.x, but all that I
    know involve extra bits, like ASP.NET AJAX, and can be solved by updating
    references in the web.config file.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Subscribe to my blog

    or just read it:
    http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com/

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), May 21, 2008