.NET 2.0 - System.Web.Caching.Cache not working through IIS

Jurjen de Groot

Hello,

I'm developping an app in ASP.NET 2.0 using VS.NET 2005, I'm using
System.Web.Caching.Cache to store various data between page calls (I've
tried : httpContext.Current.Cache/httpRuntime.Cache). When executing the app
using the webserver built in to VS.NET 2005 it works just fine, but when
using IIS 6 it doesn't.

I'm working on a P4 2.5Ghz, Windows XP Pro, IIS 6

The virtual directory I'm using in IIS is set to use ASP.NET version
2.0.50727

Can someone help me out and shed some light on this ?

Jurjen.

Guest

Can you post sufficient working (or non-working) sample code for somebody to
repro this? Caching is handled at the ASP.NET worker process level which
process is present both in IIS and the Development WebServer, so IIS should
not be an issue.
Peter

Jurjen de Groot

Since I couldn't post my code due to the size and nature of it, I tried
reproducing this in a more simple scenario and couldn't reproduce this
behaviour, it turns out there was a flaw in one of my classes using the
cache. I'm not sure why this problem manifests itself differently when using
IIS as opposed to the VS Development server ...

Jurjen.