.Net 2.0 - WebBrowser control embedded in IE causes problems

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by L. Chernov, Jul 16, 2006.

  1. L. Chernov

    L. Chernov Guest

    Hello,

    I am trying to work with .Net 2005 WebBrowser object,
    and put it on a "Windows control library" (embedded in a user control class)
    and then I
    am executing it from an ASP.Net webform(with IE6) with the following object
    tag:
    <OBJECT id="ModPkiObj" height="550" width="800"
    classid="http:ModPkiNew.dll#Mod.Online.Client.ModPkiNew.SignForm"
    name="ModPkiObj" VIEWASTEXT>
    </OBJECT>

    And I get the following error:

    System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
    Object name: 'WebBrowser'.
    at System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.get_AxIWebBrowser2()
    at System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.PerformNavigate2(Object& URL, Object&
    flags, Object& targetFrameName, Object& postData, Object& headers)
    at System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.PerformNavigateHelper(String
    urlString, Boolean newWindow, String targetFrameName, Byte[] postData,
    String headers)
    at System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.Navigate(String urlString)
    at Mod.Online.Client.ModPkiNew.SignForm.button1_Click(Object sender,
    EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons
    button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg,
    IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

    Remark: When using this control library class from a winform container I
    dont get this bug.

    Thank You

    L. Chernov, Jul 16, 2006

  2. hi, I notice that you have embedded the object in your html source versus
    via script. Try the suggestions in the following post :
    http://groups.google.com/group/micr...l in .aspx page&rnum=3&hl=en#55aa645f38887e76

    Regards,
    Alessandro Zifiglio
    http://www.AsyncUI.net

    Alessandro Zifiglio, Jul 18, 2006

  3. L. Chernov

    vbbrad

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Did you ever find a fix?

    I also have seen this problem and it does not appear to be because of the object instanciation. All other controls work but the WebBrowser seems to be disposed of while the control is being loaded in the browser. I need to get this working so if anyone has some ideas I would love to hear them - thanks!

    Brad

    vbbrad, Aug 22, 2006