.NET 2: assemblies not loading pb

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by WT, Feb 24, 2006.

  1. WT

    WT Guest

    Hello,

    I have copied my web site to a test server(W2K3), this web site is using a
    reference to an assembly that wraps all the calls to 2 web services (MS CRM
    3.0).
    This runs perfectly on my dev environement, but when I copy the web site
    using VS2005, I get the following error when trying to run the application:
    Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Crm.MetadataService,
    Version=3.0.5300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one
    of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

    Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or
    assembly 'Microsoft.Crm.MetadataService, Version=3.0.5300.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its
    dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

    Source Error:

    Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine
    why the assembly 'Microsoft.Crm.MetadataService, Version=3.0.5300.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' could not be loaded.

    WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value
    [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind
    failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value
    [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

    I tried to add this registry key, but it has no effects, or should I
    restarts IIS. Where should this key be created exactly, is it a DWORD ?

    Thanks for help
    CS

    WT, Feb 24, 2006

  2. WT

    WT Guest

    More Info, the registry value finally has given a more detailled trace, but
    I still don't understand why trying to load the assembly of a web service:
    it could be on another server ?

    === Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: User = NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
    LOG: DisplayName = Microsoft.Crm.MetadataService, Version=3.0.5300.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
    (Fully-specified)
    LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/WTCRM/
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = C:\WTCRM\bin
    Calling assembly : (Unknown).
    ===
    LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
    LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\WTCRM\web.config
    LOG: Using host configuration file:
    \\?\c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet.config
    LOG: Using machine configuration file from
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config.
    LOG: Post-policy reference: Microsoft.Crm.MetadataService,
    Version=3.0.5300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/Temporary ASP.NET
    Files/wtcrm/5b9338c9/48613cd3/Microsoft.Crm.MetadataService.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/Temporary ASP.NET
    Files/wtcrm/5b9338c9/48613cd3/Microsoft.Crm.MetadataService/Microsoft.Crm.MetadataService.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/WTCRM/bin/Microsoft.Crm.MetadataService.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/WTCRM/bin/Microsoft.Crm.MetadataService/Microsoft.Crm.MetadataService.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/Temporary ASP.NET
    Files/wtcrm/5b9338c9/48613cd3/Microsoft.Crm.MetadataService.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/Temporary ASP.NET
    Files/wtcrm/5b9338c9/48613cd3/Microsoft.Crm.MetadataService/Microsoft.Crm.MetadataService.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/WTCRM/bin/Microsoft.Crm.MetadataService.EXE.
    LOG

    WT, Feb 24, 2006

  3. Hi CS,

    From the error message, the problem assembly is
    "Microsoft.Crm.MetadataService, Version=3.0.5300.0" which is likely a CRM
    server specific assembly. Is the webservice(or the CRM server) deployed on
    the same server with your ASP.NET web application or on another server. If
    the Microsoft.Crm.MetadataService assembly is not part of your webservice's
    client proxy code, the problem should be reside on the webservice server
    side. Also, for assembly binding log, we can use the "Fuslogvw.exe" tool
    to view it externally:

    #Assembly Binding Log Viewer (Fuslogvw.exe)
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/e74a18c4.aspx

    You can try tracing it on both the ASP.NET application server and the
    webservice(CRM )server to see what's the error's original raising point.

    Regard,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Feb 27, 2006
  4. WT

    WT Guest

    Thanks,
    I get the solution in CRM developper forum.

    CS
    de news: ...

    WT, Feb 27, 2006
  5. Hi CS,

    Glad that you've found the solution and thanks for your update.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Feb 27, 2006
  6. WT

    gerardopg

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Hi!
    How did you got the registry manipulation? I'm still cannot figure out how to do it. Can you give a Step by step instruction?
    I had setup but still doesn't work.

    Thanks in advance.
    Gerardo

    gerardopg, Jun 5, 2010