.NET able to track file download success?

Melissa Mussitsch

Hello,

I've been searching for a couple days now to find out how we can implement a control or servlet of some kind to track whether a download completes successfully on a client's machine. I was told that we might be able to do this with Java or .NET, but am not very familiar with either. I've learned that java applets can be error prone so I'm inquiring the .NET route first.

Can anyone provide insight or send me in the right direction?

Thank you.
Melissa

___
Newsgroups brought to you courtesy of www.dotnetjohn.com

Alessandro Zifiglio

hi Melissa,
Couldnt you simply use the download Behavior supported on IE.
The reason i tell you this is because you track the download sucess/failure
on the client and so resort to clientside scripts.

What this behavior does is it downloads a file and notifies a specified
callback function when the download is complete.

for more on the Download behavior :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...or/behaviors/reference/behaviors/download.asp

and for more on the startDownload method :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...behaviors/reference/methods/startdownload.asp