  1. Is it possible to use Net::AIM to find out if a specific user is online or
    offline? If so, how is this done?

    Thanks!
    Experienced but Undocumented, Oct 19, 2003

  2. "Experienced but Undocumented" <> wrote
    > Is it possible to use Net::AIM to find out if a specific user is online or
    > offline? If so, how is this done?

    Alternately, I would be just as content if I could capture a message a user
    sent to me. I'm having troubles with the following from
    http://www.webreference.com/perl/tutorial/13/2.html. For some reason it
    dies on line 8. Without that line it does not die...but nothing happens
    either ;-)

    1 use Net::AIM;
    2 my $nick = "motherofperlbot";
    3 my $aim = new Net::AIM;
    4 $aim->debug(1);
    5 my $conn = $aim->newconn(Screenname => 'motherofperlbot',
    6 Password => 'motherofperl')
    7 or die "Can't connect to AIM server.\n";
    8 $conn->add_handler('config', \&on_config);
    9 $aim-start;
    10
    11 sub on_config {
    12 my ($self, $event) = @_;
    13 my ($str) = $event->args;
    14 $self->set_config($str);
    15 $self->send_im($nick, 'testing...');
    16 }
    Experienced but Undocumented, Oct 19, 2003