Net::AIM help

Discussion in 'Perl' started by The Durban Towel, Apr 27, 2004.

  1. I'm using net::aim to write a perl bot and I need some help.
    I can't get the following to work:

    sub PrintRooms
    {
    my @roomList, @roomNames, @roomIDs;
    @roomList = $aim->list_rooms();
    foreach $room (@roomList)
    {
    ($roomID, $roomName) = split /:/, $room;
    push (@roomNames, $roomName);
    push (@roomIDs, $roomID);
    print "\<$roomID\> \<$roomName\>\n";

    The problem is "$aim->list_rooms();" never returns anything.
    @roomList is always empty. Just to let you all know, $aim is
    a global aim object, and if my script has made it to the sub above,
    then its safe to assume that the bot is properly connected to AIM.
    I've tried everyhing I can think of, but $aim->list_rooms() never returns
    any sort of value. If there's something I;m missing, please tell me!!
    This has been the one setback in my bot thats prevented me from
    working on it for like a week.

    emailing would be the best way to reply, becuase
    im new to newsgroups and am likely to forget to check back for
    replies. Ask me whatever you need to know to help solve my problem.

    Thanks,
    ~m.w.

    The Durban Towel, Apr 27, 2004