.NET Ajax Extensions + Login Control

Mike Gleason jr Couturier

Hi,

I put a Login control into an UpdatePanel to prevent the whole page refresh
when logging in. (The login control appears in every page of the site in the
corner).

When the user doesn't provide valid credentials, only the UpdatePanel
refreshes and the thing is working.

But when the user is valid, the Login control seems to refresh the entire
page, bypassign the UpdatePanel. (I don't have the DestinationPageURL filled
in.)

Is there a way to prevent this ?

Thanks

Mike

bruce barker

you cannot use ajax for login. an ajax call can not set the login cookie, of
if cookieless change the url.

if using a cookie for login, using javascript and a hidden iframe, you can
get a login that does not refresh the page.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)