    MS has about 2235 newsgroups on this server, but only one dedicated to
    accessibility. And that's for XP. :|

    -Darrel
    darrel, Aug 4, 2005

  2. If your accessibility question is related to ASP.NET, go ahead and post it
    in here.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Aug 4, 2005

  3. darrel

    darrel Guest

    > If your accessibility question is related to ASP.NET, go ahead and post it
    > in here.

    Well, I've been looking for an accessible .net control that produces an
    accessible (and, ideally, unobtrusive) DHTML fly-out navigation system.

    I haven't found any .net controls that are the least bit accessible.

    I've found a few javascripts that I could use with my own control...namely:
    http://projectseven.com/
    http://www.udm4.com/

    Project Seven's is nice, but is a bit quirky. It makes a lot of assumptions
    as to how you want to implement your menu.

    UDM4 is really nice, but seems to be overkill, as it tries to accomodate
    every conceivable option (which is nice, to be sure.)

    I took a little look at ASP.net 2's menu control, but from the samples I've
    seen, that produces horrendous markup output.

    -Darrel
    darrel, Aug 4, 2005
  4. I've been somewhat dissapointed with the default accessibility of the
    ASP.NET controls too.
    Creating a truly accessible web site certainly takes some extra coding, but
    it can be done.
    Here are some free menu controls for you to investigate, although I'm not
    sure how good or poor they are as far as accessibility goes:

    http://SteveOrr.net/freecontrols/menus.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Aug 4, 2005
  5. darrel

    darrel Guest

    > I've been somewhat dissapointed with the default accessibility of the
    > ASP.NET controls too.
    > Creating a truly accessible web site certainly takes some extra coding,

    but
    > it can be done.
    > Here are some free menu controls for you to investigate, although I'm not
    > sure how good or poor they are as far as accessibility goes:
    >
    > http://SteveOrr.net/freecontrols/menus.aspx

    That's kind of why I was asking about dedicated .net accessibility forums. A
    lot of .net samples don't seem to focus on accessibility. And, of course, a
    lot of the built in .net controls don't even consider extremely basic
    accessibility...like full support for non IE browsers.

    The skmMenu is mentioned a lot and it's great that it's open source, but
    it's completely inaccessible. It's just really bad code. Ditto for
    TimothyHumphry's

    Still on the hunt, though. ;o)

    -Darrel
    darrel, Aug 4, 2005